As the author of the creative memoir, The Chocolate Pilgrim, I use my knowledge of storytelling to help you write the tales you’ve been longing to tell. Each writer is nurtured to find and develop their unique writing voice. The process is creative, fun and inspiring.
Whether you are a complete beginner, or have some
experience, you will learn practices that take you to the next step in your writing dreams. Be prepared to be amazed by the powerful words that emerge.
Get started on that writing project you’ve been dreaming of. Dust off your notebook and join fellow storytellers as we share and create with ease. Whether it’s a family legacy, personal stories, or getting published, you will be guided on your writing journey. Discover your strengths in writing. Leave equipped with several writing practices and written work you’ll be proud of. No previous experience necessary, but always welcome!
I have an abiding curiosity and desire to explore, whether it’s inner landscapes through journal writing, or walking ancient trails in Europe, or paddling a sea kayak near my Vancouver Island home. Good quality dark chocolate always fuels my travels. I take time out each year for silent meditation retreats, nurtured by spaces of no words. Maintaining balance helps me to share my joy of writing with others.
Are you a lover of credentials? Here are mine
- Bachelor of Arts (English)/ Bachelor of Physical and Health Education – Queen’s University
- Diploma after Degree – University of Calgary, Teacher Education
- Master of Arts in Counselling, Gonzaga University
- Canadian Certified Counsellor through Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association
- Registered Social Worker (Alberta)
- Integrative Body Psychotherapy – advanced training
- Hakomi Mindfulness-based Psychotherapy – advanced training
- Canadian Recreational Canoe Association – Master Trainer (moving water, canoe tripping, lake water canoeing)
- Calgary Family Life Education Council – Small Group facilitation training
- Love Your Words Mastermind (2010 – present; from student to teaching support team)
- Vancouver Manuscript Intensive (Betsy Warland) – mentor Cathleen With
November 2016 I decided to submit a chapter for an anthology entitled, “When Women Talk”. In December I felt paralyzed by self-doubt about what to say. Was my story worth sharing? Would anyone listen? Marie was there for me, supporting me with a process that allowed me to hear the power of my words. Marie also reminded me why I chose to share this transformative time in my life. I trusted her, and therefore trusted myself. When I sent my draft to the book coach for feedback, she responded: “Excellent writing and storytelling.”
I was thrilled. However, I wasn’t finished yet. As I worked with revisions, Marie was there for me. I trusted her with my vulnerable writer-self, sharing more tender pieces of my history. In March 2017, I submitted my new chapter with final edits.
In my opinion, Marie is the “best ever” writing midwife.